Wednesday 9 December 2009

Tuesday 8th December 2009 - Heading South

          A crisp sunny morning and it's south to Delaware.  It's only 40 minutes or so, down I-95.  I-95 runs down the east coast,, from the Canadian border with western Maine through all the main east coast cities to Miami.  Mostly it's as densely populated as Western Europe.
          The sound system failed its first test: I guess I chose the wrong frequency, and I'm getting interference.
 
          Delaware boasts of being the First State, because it was the first to ratify the Constitution. It is quite tiny.  It hardly matters where I stop, since everywhere is close to everywhere else.  Glasgow is in New Castle County, whose seat is Wilmington.  Delaware only has three counties, the others being, unimaginitively, Kent and Sussex.  It's possible, because it's so small, that  I might have to go to the state capital to find what I want.  The state capital is Dover, which is, unsurprisingly, in Kent.
          I've got a list of motel sites to visit, south of Newark and along to New Castle.  After much tooing-and-froing, Iend up nearly in New Castle, which puts me about half-way in between Glasgow and Wilmigton, which is just about right.  The roadsign outside says
[n0583]
 
          Later that night, I met a man who runs a used-car lot.  He thinks he can fix a small-but-irritating fault that Rozzie has developed.  I shall go and see him tomorrow.
          We were watching football on the TV, when up came an advert for a product which enables ladies to remove unwanted hair.  At whom could it have been aimed?  Is this the sort of thing American football fans buy as Christmas presents?

No comments: