Monday 21 December 2009

Sunday 20th December 2009 - Getting Back to Normal

          The snow has stopped, and the roads seem to be functioning again.  The plows and the salters are out doing their stuff:
[n0641]
The weather channel tells me that yesterday was the second heaviest snowfall on record for this area.  It also tells me that my planned travelling days are going to be clear and sunny.
 
          Later that night, I found myself trapped between a couple of professional athletes.  One was a former college football quarterback.  The other had been a pitcher in the minor leagues.  They wanted to buy me shots.  I told them that I was a professional drinker, but I only drank in the minor leagues: any hard liquor and the game would be over in the first quarter.  They did, however, ply me with beer.  Me being Scottish, I had to have them full-sized.  When I left, I got their names.  I told them that if I slipped on the way home, I would write their names in my blood in the snow, so people would know whose fault it was.

No comments: