Tuesday 23 March 2010

Monday 22nd March 2010 - I'll Fly Away

          The interstates certainly make the case for flying.  At least when you fly, you can maintain an interest by reading.  And it's safer.
          I stopped at Portage, ostensibly for a coffee, but really just to see a small town.  This is quite a good one, with a thriving centre.  The snow has gone and the sun is out.  And I feel a bit better.
         Portage is where the French got off the Fox river, which runs into Lake Michigan at Green Bay, and onto the Wisconsin, which flows into the Mississippi.  They had to 'portage' about two miles.
 
          And, finally, I'm back in the Twin Cities.  I've a bit of business to clear up here, then it's off to the Big Apple for some fun, before I entrust my person to the Cunard Company and the Atlantic.

No comments: