Saturday 13 March 2010

Friday 12th March 2010 - Planning, and its Effects

          Because this wander up the East Coast is so indulgent, it's difficult to choose where to go to next.  I've spent so much time knowing exactly where I'm going next, and what I was going to do when I get there.
          I've been thinking vaguely of stopping next at Norfolk, but, looking at possible routes, I occurs to me that I can go part of the way up the Carolina Outer Banks, which would allow me to re-visit Kill Devil Hills, where the Wright Brothers made their first powered flight.
          Their is a ferry at a nice civilised hour, but when I go to book it, the dark forces of the universe have intervened and broken the boat.  So I'm faced with the choice of getting there too late, or starting off before seven, or going the long way by road.  I check with Dulcie how long she thinks it will take, and book on the early one.
 
          Later that night, I'm invited to see a Tiffany lamp which came from a grand old house in Glasgow, Missouri.
[n1373]
The viewing included Wahoo (a game fish, somewhat like a barracuda, prized for it's delicious white flesh) for dinner, and a hootenanny for afters, so it was a very pleasant evening, although it had to be curtailed because of my early start.

No comments: