Monday 25 January 2010

Sunday 24th January 2010 - A Day of Rest

          After the frantic delights of the previous night, I wake up to find myself more-or-less in one piece.  Although the better beers here are usually just a bit too strong, nonetheless my 'beer only' rule sees me through.  The damage doesn't seem permanent.  Anyway, after last week's seeing-to by the Mexicans, what can the cowboys do (even pro lady shuffleboard players).  A good slow breakfast, an even slower hot bath, and the hair of seventy-two dogs should see me alright.
 
          Today is the day they play the games which decide which teams go to the superbowl.  So it's down to the no-music bar to watch a bit.  All the screens except one are showing the big game.  The exception is showing soccer, Real Madrid v Malaga.  The soccer provides a bit of interest while the football is stopped, which is nearly all the time.  Malaga advertise a British Bookmaker on their shirts, which seems a bit odd in downtown Nashville.
           I had let it be known that I favoured the Jets and the Vikings this year, so, of course, it was the Colts and Saints who were successful.  It's a good job I don't have any dealings with bookmakers, British or otherwise.
 
           Later that night, I felt it unwise to upset the delicate balance of recovery.
 

1 comment:

jOE said...

Good stuff. If you go on like this, Steinbeck will be out of the frame on dust-bowl economics.