Sunday 3 January 2010

Saturday 2nd January 2010 - Too Much TV

          I took a bit to tidy away all the bits and pieces that I'd picked up from Rozzie.  This I can do with the TV on in the background.  It stops me concentrating too hard on things that don't matter, and keeps the pottering rate nice and steady. 
           American TV can be about 30-50% adverts, so if you're working at something, it's quite hard to follow the programs, but really easy to follow the adverts.  Mazda has decided, quite malevolently, to run a series of adverts showing shots of Rozzie lookalikes from all sorts of sexy angles.  I have written them  a stern letter demanding that they respect my period of mourning.  They're just being selfish, doing it for money.  They could show a bit of consideration.
          The TV has also introduced me to the startling notion of the 'urine' sale.  This popped up several times when my back was turned, so I couldn't quite focus on the full horror of it.  Could the local Howard Hugheses be clearing out their bedroom closets?  Could the highway patrol be disposing of old samples?  Is it an annual thing that doctors do?  Are you supposed to buy your own back?  Is it a special southe'n delicacy?  Eventually I managed to catch it in full.  It turned out to be a problem of local accents and ageing ears.  They were announcing 'year end' sales.  That's not nearly as interesting.  I sometimes wonder if my ears play these tricks on me deliberately, just for the fun of it.

No comments: