Tuesday 19 January 2010

Monday 18th January 2010 - I Ate, I Drank, and I Was Merry

          I find I am not particularly partial to Mexican food.  The only merit I can see for it at the moment is as part of a crash weight-loss program.
          I have always been a fan of Tom Lerher.  One of his songs which I especially like is "Fiesta Time in Guadalahara".  It contains the priceless couplet,
"We ate, we drank, and we were merry,
And we got Typhoid and Dysentery."
 
          Which accounted for later on Sunday through to a late start on Tuesday.  And my guts on Tuesday morning, although starting to function normally, felt like they'd done three rounds with Muhammed Ali.  I hope to be back to solid food (and beer) by Wednesday.  And, em, how can I put this, there's going to have to be a big tip for the cleaner.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Saturday's entry describing your visit to a Mexican restaurant and the subsequent entries, left all your readers wondering if, or when, Montezuma's revenge might strike.

Perhaps it is as well that there are no Glasgows in Mexico!