Sunday 6 September 2009

Friday 4th September 2009 - Getting Organised for Phase Two

          I've now collected the documents I can for the Immigration Service.  I'm much impressed by my host's PDF printer: I send documents to it and it produces a PDF file which I can email looking exactly like a printed document.  I must get myself one.
          I had to go over to the Mazda dealer to see to a few things for Rozzie.  There was a Friday's next door, so, it being Friday and all, I had fish-and-chips.
 
          But the big event was going to the State Fair (again) to see Garrison Keillor in " A Prairie Home Companion".  It was held in what they now call "the Grandstand", which is (as you would expect) the grandstand of the old car-racing oval.  The Minnesota State Fair is an enormous thing, and the (permanent) fairground stretches over miles.  The bus companies run special buses from all over.
          There must have been six or eight thousand people come to see APHC, which will broadcast on Public Radio Saturday evening and Sunday Lunchtime.  It's a good show.  Keillor says it's now on the BBC, so I expect the Brits are enjoying it too now.
 
          The show runs for two hours on the radio, but the performance took about three hours, so it was much to late for any later that evening when I got back.

No comments: