Friday 6 November 2009

Thursday 5th November 2009 - Courthouses and Cemeteries

          Cambria County boasts what must be one of the finest courthouses in America.  I have it on reliable authority that its main courtroom is among the ten biggest in the country.
[n0363]
It has a 'picture postcard' look to it, but when seen from a long way, it is a very impressive sight
[n0365]
Imagine the impression it must have left around the county in the nineteenth century.
 
          Today was the day for taking pictures of the founder's grave, but it was a pretty miserable day, so I decided I would hide for a while in the Historical Society, check out the scenery.  I managed to find which cemetery I wanted, and the actual plot number of the grave.
         The sun broke out for a bit, so I rushed up to Glasgow for the photo shoot.  There's a whole section of them:
[n0366]
And here is the man himself
[n0367]
(and, I now realise, a bit of my left foot!)
 
          Later that night, I was watching ice hockey on the TV.  Ice Hockey is the reason HD TV was invented.  It is now possible to see the puck.  The local (kind-of) Pittsburg Penguins were playing LA.  They were down 2-1 when LA got a man sent off (would you believe for fighting).  The Pens (as they are known) never looked like scoring.  In fact, if anything, LA looked like gettting another goal.
          Its really a very simple proof of the existence of God, isn't it?  Someimes you watch a sporting event, and you realise that not only is there a God, he's supporting one side.

No comments: