Saturday 14 November 2009

Friday 13th November 2009 - Too Little Television

          I wanted to see something on the television.  I have to find the listings on the internet, then I have to put in the zip code, then it asks me if I want sattelite or cable or broadcast, then it wants to know which cable operator it is, and I don't know, so I have to go through a few channels and see if they match up.  And I can't tell which channel it is during the adverts, so I have to wait till they end.  Then I notice that the adverts have lasted for nine minutes, so I start to watch the program (it's a silly Tom Cruise as a boy film) and it lasts for nine minutes before it goes to adverts and I get hooked on the timing.  This channel seems to have adverts 50% of the time.  I'm going to get a chess clock, so I can do this more easily.
          I think it must be time to move on.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I agree.
Use of 'may' in "Bridge may be icy" is modal but the statement: "Bridge may be icy" is not an example of the use of the subjunctive mood.
But what about: "May the bridge be icy!"?