Monday 15 June 2009

Monday 15th June 2009 – A Bit of a Recap

With all this rushing about, I haven't managed to do much justice to the events of the last few days. So, since a picture speaks a thousand words, or so we're told, here's a bit of a rush through it.

There's a fine statue of the great JJ Hill at the station at Havre. I confess I stopped in Havre to have some breakfast, and, em, to buy some boots. Would you believe I got some spurs as well? Well, I might be needed at the next branding. OK?









Somewhere between Havre and Shelby, that damned elusive Empire Builder train whizzed past me again.






And I caught my first glimpse of the Rockies.







Then it was across the Idaho Panhandle to Washington. (States with a straight, flat, sticky-out bit are said to have a "panhandle". In the case of Idaho, you have to imagine the pan hanging up, rather than on the stove.)



[5959] And some scary dust twisters in Eastern Washington.












[5962] US Highway 2 down through Eastern Washington is a photographers dream. It's a bit twists and turns as well, so this was the best I could do.









[5963] Oh, and that damned train sneaked up on me again.






[5965] From the time, I think this must be Arizona.










[5967] Finally, the mountains of Western Washington, coming back in to land in Seattle.







[5972] And what Seattle looked like under the clouds. I'm told this is pretty typical.

No comments: