Monday 31 August 2009

Sunday 30th August 2009 - Uptown Girl

Preparing for my return contest with the government has to be taken seriously. Last time it was at their place, and they took me down in the first. This time it will be on my territory, so I have to be in peak condition.

I have discovered, I must say rather to my surprise, that documents can be transmitted across the world in original form in the flicker of an electronic eyelash. None of your rotten old faxes these days. I've decided that that's the way I will transmit documents in future.

But it is a terrible fag having to sit about collating it all, and chasing up sources, when I could be out having fun.

One day, I dream, I will have the US Government at my mercy. I will, of course, do the right thing, but, my goodness, will they have a lot of inconvenient hoops to jump through.

Later that evening, I had dinner with an 'Uptown Girl'. I've been humming Billy Joel to myself ever since. No matter that she had her very own Uptown Boy with her. My imagination can surmount trivial obstacles like that.

Uptown is one of the 'posh' bits of Minneapolis, where the best choice of restaurants and entertainment is. We found a restaurant which served the inimitable SNPA (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) on tap. And she listened attentively to my stories and laughed in all the right places. Who cares about the government, eh?

Even later, I sneaked off to the local Irish bar specially to sample the local brew, Summit. And it's surprisingly good, up there with SNPA. So it's not "inimitable", after all.

No comments: